• Initiation of patient assessment, continuing observation, recording, and reporting observations – collects data by interview, observation, inspection, auscultation, and palpation.
• Assesses and interpret reports and records: weight assessment, presence of edema, hematology studies, chemistry studies, blood glucose check.
• Administers skilled nursing to patients according to the Nursing Care Plan designed for the individual patient.
• Observes patient’s condition and equipment during treatment and documents on the appropriate forms and reports to the appropriate individual.
• Initiates and terminates patients’ dialysis treatment, as per procedure.
• Prepares supplies of the initiation of dialysis on the dialysis machine as per procedure.
• Participates in the planning, directing, and coordinating of patient care with multi-disciplinary personnel – interprets the patient’s needs to personnel participating in patient services (e.g. Medical Director, Clinical Psychologist, Dietitian).
• Follows doctor’s orders regarding dialysis treatment, medication, etc.
• Formulates nursing prescriptions that delineate actions to be taken.
• Is knowledgeable of location, care, and operation of emergency care equipment. This includes but not limited to monitors, defibrillation equipment, crash carts and contents, suction machine, oxygen equipment.
• Maintains records (medication sheets, care plans monthly notes) on primary patients.
• Holds self and staff accountable for the delivery of quality nursing care.
• Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among the health care team.
• Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing service policies and procedures.
• Participates in management of the Dialysis Unit – may relieve the Nurse Manager when needed.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Registration: Nursing & Midwifery Council of Ghana Registration
• Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing of equivalent qualification; Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing program.
• Experience: 3 – 5 years of experience in a chronic dialysis care nursing experience; demonstrates competency with cannulation and infusion therapy techniques.
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 25 February, 2022
Danone’s mission is to bring health to as many people as possible through food. Healthy food needs a healthy planet,...Apply For This Job
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries,...Apply For This Job
The International Maritime Hospital (IMaH), Community 3, Tema, is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Neurologist. Position: Neurologist Main Duties:...Apply For This Job
MEDA is seeking the services of a Senior Nutrition & GESI Officer (referred to in this document as Senior Officer) to focus on promoting nutrition-sensitive agriculture and ensure...Apply For This Job
Job Purpose Lead in the development and implementation of quality assurance (QA) policies and programs in the hospital under the...Apply For This Job
Clinical Physician Director In 2021 and 2022, a massive COVID vaccine deployment program will be implemented in Africa. This program...Apply For This Job