Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including
economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Company: GIZ Ghana
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Assignment Period: 1 year with a possibility of an extension
Location: Country Office, Airport Residential Area – Accra
Scope of Work
The Junior HR Officer is primarily responsible for providing support to the HR-team in dealing with all tasks and responsibilities assigned such as employee relations, onboarding, recruitment / employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance
The Junior Human Resource Officer provides support in
• day to day HR administration assistance and operational activities
• providing support to the entire HR Team
• assisting to identify relevant HR related problems and issues and assisting in formulating corrective implementation-oriented solutions in support
• assist with handling HR requests from staff and managers and assisting to resolve them
• Assisting with HR data management, filing, updating files, contract management, exit management and knowledge management by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information in the HR department.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• Outstanding university degree; preferably HR qualification, Business administration, law or
sociology (if possible with a focus on HR administration or management) or comparable degree
• initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
• practical or basic knowledge of HRIS Software (SAP) or any other software comparable
Other Knowledge, additional competencies required:
• very good communication skills (written and oral)
• very good working knowledge of Microsoft application suite (e.g. MS office suite such as word, PowerPoint, excel etc.)
• basic knowledge and understanding of national labour law
• basic knowledge and understanding of HR principles, practices, procedures and contract management
• very good command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset
Competitive salary, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
Location: Airport Residential Area – Accra
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a onepage cover letter to:
[email protected] under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/02. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 04 February, 2022
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access...Apply For This Job
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Senior HR Advisor on a permanent basis. The position will be based in...Apply For This Job
KPMG on behalf of a client, an industrial manufacturing company is seeking to recruit talented high flyers and accomplished Professionals/Executives...Apply For This Job
Duties & Responsibilities Administration Duties Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels. Working with accounting department in...Apply For This Job
Marriott International’s portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more...Apply For This Job
Africa World Airlines (AWA) is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the job position of Compensation and Benefits Specialist....Apply For This Job