Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including
economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Company: GIZ Ghana
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Assignment Period: 1 year with a possibility of an extension
Location: Country Office, Airport Residential Area – Accra
Scope of Work
The Junior HR Officer is primarily responsible for providing support to the HR-team in dealing with all tasks and responsibilities assigned such as employee relations, onboarding, recruitment / employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance
The Junior Human Resource Officer provides support in
• day to day HR administration assistance and operational activities
• providing support to the entire HR Team
• assisting to identify relevant HR related problems and issues and assisting in formulating corrective implementation-oriented solutions in support
• assist with handling HR requests from staff and managers and assisting to resolve them
• Assisting with HR data management, filing, updating files, contract management, exit management and knowledge management by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information in the HR department.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• Outstanding university degree; preferably HR qualification, Business administration, law or
sociology (if possible with a focus on HR administration or management) or comparable degree
• initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
• practical or basic knowledge of HRIS Software (SAP) or any other software comparable
Other Knowledge, additional competencies required:
• very good communication skills (written and oral)
• very good working knowledge of Microsoft application suite (e.g. MS office suite such as word, PowerPoint, excel etc.)
• basic knowledge and understanding of national labour law
• basic knowledge and understanding of HR principles, practices, procedures and contract management
• very good command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset
Competitive salary, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
Location: Airport Residential Area – Accra
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a onepage cover letter to:
[email protected] under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/02. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 04 February, 2022
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and...Apply For This Job
HR Assistant Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Representative and direct supervision of the Administrative Associate/HR, the...Apply For This Job
BROAD DESCRIPTION The Head of Human Capital shall be generally responsible for ensuring the efficient and productive execution of the...Apply For This Job
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical...Apply For This Job
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities...Apply For This Job
A growing Haulage company, based in Tema Heavy industrial area, is looking for an efficient. Core Responsibilities: • Manager the...Apply For This Job