Interested applicants should:
The Office of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Accra invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Driver Mechanic
Duration: Fixed Term (1 year renewable)
Post Grade: G3
Duty Station: Airport, Accra
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Fleet Manager and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the Driver Mechanic will be expected to perform the following duties
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, the vehicle is fully equipped with all required and valid vehicle documents, travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
5. Plan and execute maintenance and smaller repairs on light vehicles, trucks and other technical assets in coordination with the direct supervisor.
7. Outside driving duties, perform basic office-related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining spare parts stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients, and perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills :
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION:
Completion of secondary school education/Middle School Leaving Certificate (MSLC). Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations
Two or more years of work experience as a Driver/Driver Mechanic, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles.
Experience in defensive driving and vehicle mechanics is mandatory.
Fluency in the English language.
Interested applicants should:
Job Description Dropping and picking up staff Maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel time and locations travelled...Apply For This Job
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us....Apply For This Job
Genius Brain Limited is an HR consulting firm providing HR solution to both businesses and individuals. The company provides quality...Apply For This Job
Summary of Main Duties Drive executive team as required. Undertakes daily vehicle checks as required (e.g. check the conditions of...Apply For This Job
Driving Jobs In Ghana A Chief Executive Officer of a leading Private Security Company in Ghana is seeking to recruit...Apply For This Job
UNU is an international community of scholars engaged in policy-oriented research, capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the...Apply For This Job