Dental Nurse Jobs
• Performing a variety of dental assisting duties while promoting quality dental care for our patients in a safe environment with minimal stress.
• Assisting specialists / dentists / hygienists.
• Active involvement in oral health promotion. Effectively communicate with patients on all aspects of care including appointment scheduling and payments.
• Actively work to the highest international standards od cross infection are adhered to.
• Maintain equipment as per protocol and report malfunctioning or damaged equipment as soon as possible
• Prepare for patients in advance by reviewing medical history, treatment plan and chart notes to know what will be done and how to set up for each patient.
• Prepare procedure set ups (trays).
• For Ortho nursing – ensure patient orthodontic models, photos and radiographs are available during treatment.
• Clean and disinfect treatment rooms. Place protective barriers as required.
• Keep all instruments and equipment clean, organized and ready for use.
• Assist dentists during procedures and be proactive in your approach.
• Take all types of dental X-rays as prescribed and complete the necessary documentation
• Make thorough procedure notes to document exam findings, doctor’s treatment plan, patient’s chief complaint and treatment goals, materials used, and steps taken during every procedure.
• Ensure surgeries are clean and tidy ready for next patient.
• Sterilize instruments between patients.
• Restock supplies in each location including rotation of stock between surgeries as they are used. Ensure that items about to expire are identified.
• Ensure leaflets likely to pertain to the procedures are at hand
• Strictly adhere to health and safety protocols as well as cross infection to the highest standard.
• Perform all equipment and facility maintenance procedures regularly according to the schedule and guidelines.
• Ensuring all clinical waste is adequately disposed-off.
• Ensure end of day procedures as assigned are completed.
• Explain dental procedures and hand out information about dental procedures.
• Give OHI, post-operative instructions (including how and when to take / use any prescribed items including medication) to patients and parents of pediatric patients.
• Be aware of on-going practice marketing and targets and work towards assigned goals
• Take part in marketing events (including school screens) as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Dental Nursing from a recognized Institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field (must have interest in Dental Nursing) – TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
• Excellent competence and high professional ethics in nursing practice especially in dental care
• Excellent written and spoken English and oral communication skills
• Experienced in word processing software, spreadsheets (Word and Excel) and other office applications.
• Attention to detail
• Respect patient’s confidentiality and dignity
• Excellent people management skills
• Understanding of excellent customer Service
• Good organizational skills: Friendly, approachable and outgoing team player
• Diligent, honest and hardworking
• Motivated and keen to develop and advance their career
• Outgoing personality who can relate to people at all levels
• Very well-presented
• Great positive attitude
Location: Airport Hills, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to:
Closing Date: 29 October, 2021
Dental Nurse Jobs
The West African Health Organization (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charged...Apply For This Job
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the...Apply For This Job
The United Nations World Food Programme is the winner of the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize. WFP is the world’s largest...Apply For This Job
Ghana College of Nurses and Midwives invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Examinations Manager. Job Purpose:...Apply For This Job
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and...Apply For This Job
• Initiation of patient assessment, continuing observation, recording, and reporting observations – collects data by interview, observation, inspection, auscultation, and...Apply For This Job